STUDY FRENCH AND ENGLISH IN FRANCE
Centre Iinternational d'Etude des Langues (CIEL) invites everybody who would like to
combine French language learning with excellent relaxation on a coast of the Atlantic
ocean. You will have unforgettable holiday in Western Brittany!
CIEL is situated on a coast of ocean in Brest - seaport city being scientific and cultural
centre of Western Brittany, the place where marine regattas and festivals are usually
organised. Due to Golfstream the climate here is extremely mild and warm. Western Brittany
is the region with beautiful and wild nature, unique architecture of ancient castles,
cathedrals and churches. Europeans from many countries prefer to spend their holidays here.
Unfortunately, this marine health resort on the north-east coast of France with numerous
sand beaches and remarkable campings is poorly known in Russia till now.
CIEL is a school of the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry. It has the state licence
and is a member of SOUFFLE - the association of 20 most prestigious language schools of France.
CIEL has agreement on cooperation with University of Western Brittany situated also in Brest.
Due to the fact the graduates of CIEL who passed successfully examinations in the French as
a foreign language have a possibility to continue their education at the University. It is
important to emphasise that in France the higher education is charge-free not only for
French but for international students too. They can apply to French universities to start
their studies from any level including postgraduate courses in France after graduation of
higher education institution in their own country.
The route to the French higher education starts with learning of French language!
The building of school is situated directly on the coast of ocean in a park of manor of
19th century. Near school there are fine beaches and the largest in Europe oceanographic
museum (Oceanpolice). After language lessons students can use different sport facilities -
sailing, horse riding, tennis, etc.
CIEL has well-equipped class rooms, language laboratories, multimedia and computer classes,
library, and own coffee-shop. Free access to Internet and multimedia resources is available
for all students. School's teachers are holders of university diplomas in foreign languages
teaching for international students. Annually hundreds students from 50 countries learn
languages at the school.
If you want to take virtual excursion on school and its neighbourhoods, please
CIEL offers a wide range of language programmes (French, English and other European
languages) for students with different ages and different level of language knowledge.
Lessons run all year round. Maximum group size is 15 students. Written entrance test in
language may be taken either directly at CIEL or on-line when you apply to the school.
- General French Course - 20 hours per week (semi-intensive) or 25 hours per week (intensive). Minimum duration of studies - 2 weeks, additional weeks of training as many as you need. (Six levels of tuition - from elementary to high advanced).
- The programme "Brittany for young" - 2-week course for students aged 13-17.
- French for language teachers - 3 weeks, 75 hours.
- Business French for language teachers - 4 weeks, 100 hours.
- French for academic purposes - 4 weeks, 100 hours.
- Preparation for French Exams (DELF, DALF) - 12- or 13-week course, 240 or 260 hours. (CIEL organises exams at the University of Western Brittany, diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education).
- Preparation for exams in Business French (Exams are organised by CIEL at the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry).
All English teachers are native speakers.
- General English Course (semi-intensive and intensive) for students with different level of language knowledge.
- Business English.
- TOEFL Preparation.
CIEL offers different types of accommodation for students:
- One room residences at University campus (Student hostel is in the city; kitchens for self-cooking are available);
- Four-place rooms in the House of Youth (Student hotel is on a coast of ocean near to beach. Half board and self-cooking accommodation. There are fully equipped kitchens).
- French families (Half board in working days and full board in weekends. Family arrange transfer for students from/to railway station).
- Studios in Brest (for one or two persons);
- Leased separate house in neighbourhoods of Brest (for student family members wishing to spend holidays together).
For more information on French or English courses at CIEL please contact us by phone:
+7-095-609-2315 or e-mail: